Employer: Look Ahead Care Support and Housing Look Ahead Care Support and Housing have a current vacancy for a Support Worker, a full time permanent position to join the Homelessness and Complex Needs service in Gravesend, Kent.
You will provide day to day high quality care & support to customers to help them develop independence and meet the individual needs of individuals. In some services, this will include providing physical, domestic, emotional and social care. You will work with customers to promote social inclusion and alongside other members of the team, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices.
- Lead on the development of a regularly reviewed person-centred support plan for each customer, supporting them to identify their strengths, goals and aspirations
- Conduct comprehensive and regular customer risk assessments to ensure their safety and wellbeing
- Provide practical assistance to support customers to work towards the goals in their support plan (e.g. supporting benefits applications, attending medical appointments, support to go shopping)
- Work flexibly, supporting each customer to exercise choice and control over their support and the wider service they receive
- Work in partnership with involved agencies and stakeholders to deliver coordinated, responsive support
- Signpost and support customers to access external organisations that will support achievement of their goals (e.g. colleges or training providers, drug or alcohol agencies)
- Help customers to integrate into their local area and access local educational, social, wellbeing and community activities, resources and opportunities
- Support customers to develop independent living skills and fulfil their rights and responsibilities as a tenant and good neighbour
- Carry out duties as required to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of customers and fellow colleagues
- Where appropriate and required, act as the service lead for a specific designated area of service delivery (e.g. health and safety, education, training and employment or customer activities)
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all times and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhere to all the policies and procedures of Look Ahead Care & Support plus those specific to the project including any statutory requirements
Close date: Sunday 16/08/2020
Employer: MHS Homes MHS Homes are recruiting a Company Secretary, this is a permanent role based in Chatham, Kent.
About the role
Reporting to the Group Director of Finance, you will be managing governance and regulation, risk, data protection, legal support and the executive secretariat. You will also act as Officer to the Board, supporting boards and committees with advice and administrative support.
What you’ll need to have:
• Demonstrable experience of managing governance and compliance services and implementing effectively the related policies and practices
• Experience of delivering the role of Company Secretary and working with Boards
• Sound knowledge of the legal and policy frameworks in which Charities and Registered Provider Housing Associations operate
• Experience in external monitoring and regulation by more than one regulator
• Strong administrative and organisational skills
• A dynamic, friendly and supportive working environment where you can make a difference
• A modern, accessible office over-looking the Medway within easy reach of shops and road networks, with free on-site parking and disabled parking
• A performance based annual bonus
• Training and opportunities for continuing professional development
• Excellent staff benefits including a cycle to work scheme
• 28 days holiday a year + Bank Holidays and the option to buy/sell holiday
• A range of wellbeing activities and flexible working
• Enhanced family leave policies
• Regular social and charitable events and a volunteering day
• A great team of colleagues to work with
Successful applicants will be invited for interview week commencing 31st August 2020
Close date: Monday 24/08/2020
Employer: West Kent Housing Association
Close date: Monday 31/08/2020
West Kent Housing Association is looking for a qualified Gas Engineer with at least three years’ experience in gas servicing, breakdown and/or installation. You will have excellent customer service skills as you will be visiting their residents’ homes and will be organised, diligent, approachable and flexible. If you believe that you should always deliver on your promise to the customer, they want to talk to you.
WKHA will provide you with a uniform, mobile phone, tools and a van. You will need some basic IT skills because their engineers work with tablets, which they also supply. They will support you in a range of training opportunities, including funding you to keep your ACS qualifications to date. West Kent is a Housing Association whose head office is based in Sevenoaks, however you will work all over Kent and do not need to live in the Sevenoaks area. If you have previously worked for a housing association then they would be keen to meet you. This is a full time permanent role at 42 hours per week, successful applicants will be invited for interview on either the 17th or 18th September 2020.