The purpose of this sub group is to provide a forum for the housing organisations, NHS, public health and social care across Kent and Medway to take an overview of how housing, social care and health can work together to promote healthy places, communities and the health and wellbeing of individuals. This will be through stimulating innovative models of housing and social care, taking forward collaboratively the shift from reactive to preventative practice, and seizing the opportunities that public health approaches can deliver in partnership with housing teams and providers.
Our key objectives are:
- To promote good health and prevent ill health, making it easier for those most at risk of poor health, or who have specific health needs, to access support and take action to help themselves and their families.
- To encourage organisations involved with housing, social care and health to work together to create healthier communities
The Sub-Group will include representatives from:
- District Councils
- Social housing providers
- The Kent Housing Options Sub-Group
- The Kent Private Sector Housing Group
- Public Health (Kent County Council/Medway Council)
- Mental Health (Kent County Council)
- Social Care and Occupational Therapy (Kent County Council/Medway Council)
- Strategic Commissioning (Kent County Council)
- The Kent Community Foundation NHS Trust (or other representative for NHS Local Care pathways)
- The Kent CCGs (Local Care element of STPs)
- The Kent, Surrey & Sussex Community Rehabilitation Company
- South East Local Enterprise Partnership
- Growth, Environment & Transportation, Kent County Council
One You Kent
One You is a free service here to help you get healthier and feel better. Click here to find out more because there is only ‘one you’.
|Sevenoaks District Councilfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Housing, Health and Social Care Project Officer
|Sevenoaks District Councilemail@example.com|