Employer: Look Ahead Care Support and Housing
Close date: Monday 17/02/2020
Look Ahead Care Support and Housing have a current vacancies for Personal Support Assistants. Colebrook Hostel in Tunbridge Wells is a 14 bed hostel providing support to single homeless people with complex needs. They are currently recruiting for bank staff to cover wake in nights, week days and weekend day shifts on a flexible basis. It is desirable but not essential that you have some experience of working with homeless people or an understanding of their support needs. Most importantly is your enthusiasm and availability to cover a range of shifts.
They would particularly welcome applicants who would be willing to help cover wake in nights.
PSAs providing Assistant/Support worker services will:
– Support customers to undertake tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
– Prepare and serve an evening meal and carry out light communal cleaning duties
– Enable customers to make full use of community facilities by providing support as directed. Engage the customers in activities held in the scheme
– Support customers to attend external appointments
– Support customers to integrate into the community, for example accompanying the customer to enquire at colleges about possible courses, to visit various public amenities etc.
– Maintain records as required under the direction of Look Ahead staff and management
– Support customers to undertake domestic tasks in the home wherever possible, including practical assistance in developing skills to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation. E.g. cleaning, vacuuming, washing, ironing, simple home decorating, sewing, light gardening
View Job Details Back