Close date: Sunday 16/02/2020
Look Ahead Care Support and Housing have a current vacancy for an Independent Domestic Violence Advocate. This is a role on a fixed term contract until March 2021, working full time.
The role of an IDVA is to address the safety of victims and survivors at high risk of harm. IDVAs work with their customers from the point of crisis by safety planning and risk assessing using the DASH to ascertain the level of risk to the victim. The post holder will be required to work alongside refuge staff to support customers with complex needs who have been referred into the refuge and to work in the community supporting male domestic abuse victims.
Look Ahead IDVAs have the personal qualities required to manage customer expectations alongside the responsibilities of their role. Day to day IDVA activities include:
– Manage customer referrals, completing Dash Risk Assessments and obtaining and maintaining all relevant paperwork
– Working to raise the awareness of male domestic abuse in the West Kent community as directed by line manager
– Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers and creating a positive atmosphere
– Knowledge of the criminal justice system and understanding of Marac protocols
– Regular attendance at Marac and completion of all Marac referrals
– Support Customers to obtain Non Molestation orders where needed and any other civil remedies available to them.
– Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities
– Attending all court and Case Management hearings with or as a representative for customers
– Supporting customers to set personalised goals in the form of a safety and support Plan
– Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
– Assisting in the recording and reporting of customer incidents
– Safety planning with customers
– Developing productive relationships with partner organisations to improve service outcomes
– Adhering to lone working protocols and maintaining high levels of awareness in relation to the health and safety of yourself and colleagues
– Encouraging customers to attend relevant programmes when appropriate i.e. Freedom Programme /Recovery Toolkit to support successful move on
– Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times e.g. fire risk assessments, fire alarm checks etc.
– Adhering to all other Look Ahead’s policies and procedures
– Engaging in learning and development activities to increase knowledge and skills
– Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Contract ManagerView Job Details Back