Employer: West Kent Housing Association
Close date: Friday 19/08/2022
We are looking for a senior Finance lead responsible for supporting the delivery of the Value for Money (VfM) Strategy, the Strategic Programme and the transformation of budget, forecasting and business planning processes.
West Kent is going through a period of transformation. With a plan to implement Cloud Financials and Collaborative Planning within the finance function for the next financial year, and the implementation of Civica CX as a new Housing Management System, the post holder will be joining the organisation at an exciting time. They will lead on the development of a new financial management information reporting suite. Alongside the system transformation, West Kent will be introducing business partnering into the Finance function and the post holder will lead the set up of this function within the business.
We are looking for a dynamic, forward looking finance professional, with strong leadership and management skills and a track record of partnering the business to drive continuous improvement.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Create from scratch a high functioning team in Finance covering Business Planning, Business Partnering and Treasury Management
- Leading on the budgeting process, being the face of the finance team and a key point of contact for the wider organisation
- Responsible for the creation and the quarterly update of the 30 year business plan
- Reviewing all management accounts and signing off before presentation to Board
- Taking ownership of high level treasury activity, advising and supporting on key decisions around loan repayments and securitisation
- Responsible for supporting the organisation in the delivery of the Value for Money Strategy
To be considered, you will need to meet these criteria:
- Be a fully qualified accountant and established senior finance leader with experience at senior levels in of the public sector, ideally Social Housing organisations, demonstrating familiarity with regulatory requirements, as well as Business Planning
- Be a strong and respected team leader who can inspire, motivate and support
In return we offer a generous staff benefits scheme, including discounted medical treatments, generous leave, paid time off to volunteer and an annual grant to support your wellbeing.
The role will be based in our Sevenoaks office, however we work in a hybrid way, averaging two days in the office a week.
We will only consider applications submitted with a full CV and completed supporting statement. There is information on our website about our recruitment process.
View Job Details Back