Please note this event is archived. Please click here for upcoming events.
Date(s) - 30/09/2016
9:30 am - 1:15 pm
The Housing Forum – Development Partnership Forums
30th September London
Questions for the panel and speakers will be invited in advance and output materials including toolkit will follow .
|9.30||Introduction – Shelagh Grant, Chief Executive of The Housing Forum
· September CEO Forum issue summary of CEO London Forum
· Aim of Development Partnership Forums:
Direct exchange between CEO discussions, Housing Associations Development Directors, Local authority Housing and Regeneration directors focusing on new companies and models for housing development.
Explore innovation, trends, current issues and solutions including manufacture and direct building of homes for sale and rent
|9.45||Current context – Andy von Bradsky, Chair of The Housing Forum
Explore issues facing the sector and how it is adapting
· Is Brexit a showstopper?
· What are the opportunities and challenges?
· What’s currently happening – new players, innovations, regeneration
|10.00||Building influence – Panel discussion
· Opportunity to hear first-hand from key officials and reflect local issues – Ben Llewellyn, DCLG, David Lunts, GLA, BEIS .
· Types of development and tenure mix in the current context
· Improving quality and maintaining sustainability – customer (resident) perspective
· How to increase the supply of new homes? Future of starter homes – housing zones
· What tenure mix is right – single, mixed or tenure blind?
|11.00||Future financial strength and security – making the numbers add up
· Mergers and acquisitions – is bigger better? (Housing Association)
· Sources of finance – Institutional investors (M&G)
· Future proofing – tenure cascades and business plans
|11.45||Different development models – panel debate with the British Property Federation, Wates Living Space and Octopus QSH|
|12.30||Supply chain solutions, innovation and partnership – Rory Bergin, Building Better Working Group, Hyde Framework, modular constructor
· What’s the role for the supply chain – partner or provider – and how to get the best out of your supply chain?
· Innovation and developments – case studies of new products, prefabrication, off-site construction, modern techniques and solutions
· Partnerships – consultants, contractors and product suppliers i.e. how to get best out of supply chain
|13.15||Conclusions and next steps followed by networking lunch|
|Development Partnership Forum Agenda||90Kb|